Meatball on Twitter

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Black Templars Vs. Dark Eldar 1500 points

Today my buddy Scott wanted to try out his newly purchased Dark Eldar force. I hadn't played 40K in awhile and my Black Templars in even longer so I was more than willing to give it a go.

The battle was Annilation with the Spearhead deployment. Scott got first turn and I failed to seize initiative. I knew I needed to survive the first round and get lucky with my Drop pod reserves or this was going to be a long day. I managed to make it through the first round and even did well in my phase, losing only 3 Assault marines compared to his loss of 6 Scourges and a unit of Warriors and a loss of his Dark Lance off of his raider.

Unfortunately my luck didn't hold up as neither drop pod showed up in round 2 leaving High Marshal Helbrect and his command group and the Emperor's Champion and his Marines stuck in space and out of the battle.

Scott wasted no time capitalizing on my misfortune and with just shooting managed to finish my two small Crusade Squads sheltered in building as well as knocking oout my Land Speeder Typhoon (Melta/Heavy Flamer).

Turn 3 saw both drop pods show up for much needed support and through shooting I was able to kill off  half a unit of Wyches and half a unit of Hellions. His Succubus Tried to assault my dreadnought with a grenade but failed. I caused a wound in return, but she negated it with an invulnerable save.

Turn 4 saw Helbrect and his squad attack the remaining Wyches and Hellions, killing off the Hellions and a few more Wyches, but they held their ground. The Emperor's Champion and unit attacked the now lanceless Raider destroying it and 6 of it passengers with a nice power fist attack. The Dreadnought killed the Succubus.

Turn 5 Saw my dread dying to Ravanger fire in the rear armor and the Emperor's Champion and unit shot to pieces by the other Hellion group. Finally though Helbrect and his team finished off the Wyches, but it was too little too late the battle came to a close and I lost 8 to 7 victory points.

All in all it was a fun game and I learned I really like the new Dark Eldar, and I think Scott likes his new army as well.. Slide show below of some of the pictures I took during the game!.

As always, thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think of the report!

- Meatball


0 comments:

Post a Comment