Meatball on Twitter

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Project Update: Space Wolf Razorback

A few weeks ago I got an amazing gift from my friend Brandon. He gave me his entire Space Wolf army that I had painted for him. One of the Razorbacks needed a turret so I decided to take this opportunity to use this Las/Plas Conversion tutorial.

I am very pleased with the results of this extremely simple conversion, so once it was completed I primed and and painted it up to match the Razorback. I even added a bit of snow texture so that it would fit in with the rest of the model.



This is going to be the first of a few projects I have with my newly acquired Space Wolves. I have several unpainted minis and I also plan on some repaints to bring the colors more inline with the pack markings in the new Codex.

I am very pleased with how the Razorback turned out. With the success of this conversion, I am going to buy another Razorback kit to use my last set of Forge World doors on. I will be using this same conversion and that will give me a total of four Razorbacks, two with Twin-linked Assault Cannons and Two with the Las/Plas.

So stay tuned for further Space Wolf updates as I will be working on them more heavily once I finish up my Witchhunters/Sister of Battle models. As always thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment or two!

-BJ

2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

I like your version of the las / plas. In keeping with the original setup, 1:1:1 rather than the newer 1:2 is see all the time. Like the snow too!

BJ said...

Thank you, I really preferred how the old las/plas looked as well. The snow is a product called Snow Tex and it is great, I am going to use it on a Beastmen army for Fantasy.

Post a Comment