Meatball on Twitter

Sunday, April 3, 2011

April WAAAGH! First Boyz Unit Finished

This is my first post for the April Waaagh! This is a unit of Orc Boyz I painted over 10 years ago. I know my painting skills have improved much since then so I tried to make some changes to these models so they would look like they fit in with the newer models I will be painting.

The first thing I did was scrape all of the old, green sawdust flock off the bases of the models. Next I proceeded to touch up any areas that I noticed that needed fixing. Once that was done I did a moderate wash of Thraka Green over all the skin to bring out more of the details. Next I painted the bases from green to black. Once all the painting was done I sprayed the models with sealer and then flocked the bases with scorched earth static grass. The last step will be when I flock the movement tray with the same static grass, but I plan on doing all of my movement trays at the same time so this one hasn't been done yet.

I know the models still show their age and the painting isn't perfect, but I am happy with the results and this process will keep me from painting about 150 or so models. I have already started on a 2nd group of boyz as this updating process needs to get finished before I move onto painting my new models.

As always thank you for stopping by the blog and please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think or how you handle incorporating older models in with the new.



Post a Comment