Meatball on Twitter

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Apples to Apples a really fun game!

Well I have recently played the Apples to Apples card game with some friends and I must say that I enjoyed it so much I went to the store the next day and purchased my own copy.

Now this game is a far cry from any of the gaming I blog about here, but it was so much fun I just had to post about it.

The game comes with everything you see in the picture to the left and can be played by 4-12 players. the recommended age is 12+ just due to some of the subject matter on the cards nothing risque or anything, just subjects younger kids might be lost on.

To play the game each player gets 7 or the red cards with the rest placed in the middle as the draw deck. Then you decide who is going to be the judge first. This rotates each hand afterwards to the currents judges left. The judge pick a card from the green deck with will usually have some kind of descriptive term like say "Smelly" and then it will have 3 other words further define what smelly means. The players then look at their red cards which have word or phrases along with pictures and a description that is usually pretty funny. Each player must play a card they think matches the green card. For instance if you had a red card with a "foot" on it you could play that. Once the players pick a card they give it face down to the judge and draw a new card from the pile.

This is where the fun starts. The judge then reads all of the cards and they decide which one best fits with the green card. The combinations can be quite funny and the judge can choose any car they want for what ever reason. I usually chose matches that made me laugh for instance in the game I played the word on the green card was "Innocent" and somebody threw out a red card with "Ninjas" on it. That was my choice because it made me laugh so hard!

Once the judge pics a card, the players state which card was theirs and the one who threw out the match keeps the green card. The player with the most green cards at the end is the winner, but at that point I really don't think any of us cared who won, we were having to much fun laughing at some of the silly combos.

Anyway I just wanted to do a quick review of what I think is a really fun game, which I can only imagine gets even better with some alcohol on-board. Yeah it doesn't have Space Marines or Dwarfs and Orcs but my friends, wife and myself had a blast for several hours and I am looking forward to the next time we play.


If you have played Apples to Apples or any other cool games recently please feel free to comment and give me your thoughts.

-Meatball

0 comments:

Post a Comment