Meatball on Twitter

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tavern Talk - Looking Back

Kuffy, over at the Trading Post, has posted a final topic for Tavern Talk 2010. Basically he is asking us to post about our accomplishments and failures for Fantasy Battles over the last year.


My failure for 2010 is easily the fact I didn't get my Vampire Counts painted. I was planning on painting them up for 8th edition, but things just kept getting in the way  that prevented me from sitting down and painting the little blood suckers. I did get much of the conversion work done that I wanted to do, but at this time I still don't have all the models I want so they are still very much a work-in-progress. The one piece of good news relating to my vampires is that I did manage to paint one of my Vampire Counts for a competition. I didn't win, but at last it got something for my Vampires painted this year!

Hopefully 2011 will see me getting some paint onto my Vampire Counts, but the projects are already lining up so I am going to have to push my vampires to the front of the line.



My proudest achievement for Fantasy Battles for 2010 is very easy for me to pick. I was able to re-acquire my Orcs and Goblins army through a trade. Why do I consider this such an achievement? Well this army is the first ever army, that I painted, and that was over 10 years ago. Not only was it the first army I completely painted, but it was my first army period, this includes both Fantasy and 40K. I collected and painted the army for about a year and then I was dumb and traded it to a friend for my first 40K army. I have regretted that trade ever since. I never found another Fantasy army I was as fond of as my Orcs and Goblins


Then low and behold 10 years later and I am back living in San Antonio and gaming with many of the same friends when out of the blue my buddy asks me if I would be interested in trading to get my old Orc and Goblin army back. At first I thought he was messing with me, but he was serious and wanted to trade it for my Necrons. Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity.

The army was just how I remembered leaving it, except my buddy had added many of the newer miniatures to the army.




 I know the paint job is showing its age, so I plan on at least updating it a bit with some washes and maybe new bases. Unfortunately this again will take time away from my Vampire Counts, but I am willing to take that time to get my Orcs and Goblins back into playing shape!

Well that is both my biggest gaming failure and success for 2010. I hope to have much more success in 2011 by not only updating my Orcs and Goblins, but also getting some paint onto my Vampire Counts. As always, thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment or two, and be sure to check out the Trading Post, your hub for Fantasy Battles blogs!

-Meatball

0 comments:

Post a Comment