Meatball on Twitter

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Knights of Bal Timorea: Sir Dubois' Warhorse

Today I finally got started on painting my Warhorse for Sir Dubois, my submission to the Knights of Bal Timorea project. I chose to paint my horse as a Dark Bay and I used the Games Workshop tutorial "How to Paint Horses" found on their website. I have also been using the Games Workshop tutorial "Painting the Bretonnian Warhorse" also located on the GW website. This has led to the images below.



Next I moved onto the bases which I painted Bestial brown over the white primer, then I gave it a wash with Devlan Mud. I then painted some of the grass pieces with snot green, highlighted with Camo Green. Once all of the paint was dry I applied some "Custom Decals" from a BOLS Tutorial. With this step completed, I just waited for the decals to dry then I sealed the model and added some static grass to the base.




There you have the completed Warhorse of Sir George Thaddius Dubois. Next post I will take a look at the steps in painting Sir Dubois and getting him ready to be mounted on his steed.

As always, thank you for taking the time to read my blog, and please feel free to leave me a comment or two.

-Meatball

3 comments:

Papa JJ said...

Very nice, I really like the split color scheme. Also thank you for the reminder about those GW turorials (and the links) as painting horses always causes me trouble. I haven't gotten much done on my own entry the last several days but I'm glad to see you're making good progress. Great work!

MIK said...

Dude, you're putting me to some serious shame here! Lookin' good my man!

Meatball said...

@Papa JJ, yeah horses are a pain for me, but I found those tutorials on the GW site to be extremely useful and I am very happy with the results. Looking forward to see your completed knight.

@Gyro, LOL I am happy with how it is turning out, are you painting a Knight also? If so I can't wait to see it!

Post a Comment