Meatball on Twitter

Monday, August 8, 2011

Project Updates: Squire and Chaos Terminators

Well over the last two days I have managed to get some of the commission work for two of my friends completed. First up is the Squire Solo mini-jack for my buddy Shane's Cygnar army.

I don't play Cygnar so I am not sure how useful this little guy is but he was pretty fun to paint. Shane gave me the last of his minis over the weekend, so I should be able to tie up this commission work fairly soon. I have mostly some single models to paint for him and I think two smaller units.

Once I am able to finish off his Cygnar stuff I will be back to painting my Protectorate of Menoth and hopefully getting some more games under my belt.




Next up is some more commission work for my buddy Brandon. I have a pretty decent sized project for him which I have already completed and sent out two units so far. Next up were ten Chaos Terminators. You can see the top five above and the remaining five will be below.

Brandon is always fun to paint for because he gives me his thoughts and then just lets me go with it. For these ten terminators he wanted the a red color, but he did not what the red and brass of Khorne. I went with a ruddy brown primer, which I then dry-brushed beaten copper over for a pretty cool looking metallic armor. I then did the piping and helmets in silver, some other icons in bronze and all the weapons are mostly boltgun metal. After the initial colors I then went back and used various washes to dull down the metals and really give the models a gritty look.

Hopefully Brandon is as happy with the results as I am.


Up on my painting desk right now are the next ten Chaos Terminators for Brandon. He wanted these guys to be mostly white with blue as their secondary color. I think this is going to be challenging, but at the same time allot of fun. I hope to get the next unit completed by this weekend.
Well that is all I have today. Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment or two and let me know what you think.

-Meatball

0 comments:

Post a Comment