Meatball on Twitter

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Product Review: High Elf Lord on Dragon

My mother-in-law got me the High Elf Lord on a Dragon for Christmas (I love having in-laws who don't mind my hobby). So naturally once I helped the kids put all of their new gifts together I sat down and began work on assembling this all plastic kit.

One of the very first things I loved about this model is that the mold lines are hidden very well and I had very little to clean up once I clipped everything off of the sprue.

The 2nd thing I loved is that you get enough pieces to assemble two riders, Not only that but there are many options for both a Lord or a Mage. I decided to assemble a Lord with lance, sword and shield, and a Dragon Mage holding a tome in one hand and a staff in the other.

The final reason that I loved this model was how easily it was assembled. All of the pieces fit perfectly together. There was no need to go back and fill in any gaps. The pieces stuck together easy which meant the glue adheared faster and assembly time was cut down.

In my opinion the is easily one of the best large models that GW makes and I hope the quality continues as they convert more monster type creatures to plastic. I am rating this model as a 5 star top quality product. Now I just need to collect a High Elf army to go with it!

-BJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment