Meatball on Twitter

Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Project Update - Tomb Kings

Since my family was visiting I had a slow week of painting but I did manage to get some minis painted. To the left you can see my mounted Liche Priest. He was actually pretty easy to paint and I should not have delayed in painting him for as long as I did. In my army he runs with some mounted archers and is a harassing unit, but if he is need to rez troops he has the speed to get back into range where he can be useful.

The unit to the right is a 20 strong group of Skeletal Bowmen. This unit was a fully painted unit of Spear men, I spent the week removing their spear arms and their shields. I then attached the archer arms. Once that was done I just had to paint the new pieces and my new unit was ready to go to war.




Well that is all for this weeks update. I am currently working on finishing up my Chaos Terminator Lord and should have pictures of him for tomorrow's post. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, all comments are welcome.
-BJ

2 comments:

Shelexie said...

Nice Tomb Kings! I have always wanted an army of them for the simple reason that they seem easy to paint! Has this been your experience? Are you brush painting or one of the dipping methods, or a combination? I would love to see more photo's of your full TK army!

BJ said...

I find they are fairly easy to paint. I paint them by hand. First I base coat them is bleached bone, the I make a Scorched brown was for them, then re-apply drybrushes of bleach one till I am happy with the results. Now that I have used GW washes I am going back over the army applying a wash of Gryphonne Sepia as I like how it seems to blend everythign together well.

I will post more of the army later this week.

Post a Comment